The last thing an you need as an Uber Driver is to have your car break down; it’s how you pay the bills. The next worst thing is to not have a backup plan when that does happen. Without your car, you aren’t earning and that’s not a good time to have to shell out $200 for roadside assistance.
Dead battery, keys locked in the car, flat tire or anything that could cause you to need a tow; AAA is the most widely used service to come to the rescue. But AAA provides much more support than that. AAA also offers financial services, insurance, battery service and so much more. Let’s look at the membership benefits, available discounts and why you should consider signing up for an AAA membership before you pick up that next passenger.
AAA Membership Benefits
The company currently has more than 58 million members in the United States and Canada. These members already understand the benefits that having AAA offers, but you may not. Here are some of the benefits to consider.
- 24/7 roadside assistance with no out-of-pocket costs
- Local towing
- Bicycle services (when you’re cycling & need help)
- Vehicle extraction from standing water, mud, snowdrifts and more
- Locksmith services
- Travel insurance
- Flat tire service
- Fuel delivery
- Battery service
- Mobile mechanical support
- Retail locations: Show your AAA card at stores such as Nike, Under Armour, Lowe’s and Home Depot to get a discount.
- Dining: Receive Restaurant.com gift certificates and discounts from independent restaurants as well. You can show your card at places such as Dave & Busters, Papa John’s and Hard Rock Café.
- Pet Services: Several nationwide pet stores will offer a discount for AAA members. Electronics: You can save money from Sprint, Dell, HP and Microsoft.
- Health & Wellness: You deserve to be your best self, which is why AAA provides discounts at health-focused locations around the country. Save at LensCrafters, GNC and off of an LA Fitness Membership.
- Rental Cars: If your car breaks down, you can save on a rental from Dollar, Thrifty and Hertz.
- Hotels: Nearly every hotel chain provides discounts to AAA members.
Why Uber Drivers Need AAA Membership
According to AAMCO, the top reasons for a car breakdown include a dead battery, engine troubles, transmission problems, flat tires, running out of gas or a lack of braking power. Thankfully, having AAA helps you to get out of all of these situations. Consider AAA an insurance policy for busy drivers, such as yourself. You wouldn’t go without maintaining your car, and you shouldn’t be without an AAA membership either.
Membership starts at $5/month.
Consult with a certified mechanic for maintenance and repairs to your vehicle. We may receive a referral fee for recommending some of the products, apps or services listed on this website. This article is for informational purposes only.
Brian Jones has been an ASE Certified Master Technician for more than 30 years, working with many dealerships around the nation.