This website contains affiliate links and we may be compensated for referrals.
We've reviewed the best dashcams for Uber and Lyft drivers based on features and value. Whether you want a dual facing camera that records inside of the car, or a cheap option just for some added protection, here are our top dash cam recommendations for rideshare drivers.
Rexing V2 Pro
- Full HD Dual-Channel – Both cameras record at 1080p / 30fps Front Camera Records in Ultra-HD 4k / (2160p)
- Enhance Night Vision – Large Aperture of f1.8
- 330° Manual Swivel Angle
- Protect Video Evidence – Car video recorder automatically captures unexpected driving accidents and saves video footage of the collision.
- WiFi Enabled for quick and easy uploads
The Rexing V2 Pro has great quality for the price and offers 4k front camera for Capturing license plates, and a 1080p interior camera for monitoring passengers. This dashcam has a wide dynamic range for optimal low light footage. There is looping video recording ensuring you always have the most recent video. The exceptions is when the G-sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected.
- 1080p in Front, 720p in Rear
- Night Vision
- Dual Cameras (front and interior video)
- Large Screen
- GPS & WiFi Capable
The Transcend Drivepro 550 is well known for it’s excellent capturing of the vehicle interior. The large view screen not only makes playback easy, but lets passengers know that they are being recorded, which can be a good deterrent to misbehavior.
They state that it can operate in high temperatures, though cameras with a capacitor tend to be more heat resistant than those with a battery. If you live somewhere that has very hot summers, take the camera inside with you during the hottest months. Otherwise, you get a lot of bang for your buck.
Vantrue N2 Pro
- Up to 2.5K Resolution
- Night Vision
- Dual Cameras (front and interior video)
- Records 24 hours after you park
- GPS Capable
The Vanture N2 Pro dashcam has dual cameras, records in 2.5k HD for the front view, and works in extreme climates. It records for 24 hours after you park, triggered by motion, so you can capture any damage from someone hitting you while parking. This is a solid choice. You don’t have WiFi, but you get high resolution video and it’s still easy to download video without WiFi.
- 3 Channel: Front, Rear, Interior video
- Single Front 4K, Dual Channel 4K+1080P
- Infrared Light Night Vision, 4 IR LED Lights, Sony STARVIS CMOS Sensor
- 24 Hours Motion Detection or Collision Detection Parking Mode (Backup battery or hardwire recommended)
- Heat/Cold Resistant with Super Capacitor
The Vantrue N4 is a very thorough dash cam for rideshare drivers. Front, Rear and interior views and IR Night vision means you can monitor everything that happens in your car. Note: Vantrue is not WiFi or Bluetooth enabled.
Parking mode and collision detections mean you are protected, but you should spring for the hardwire kit or a backup battery to make full use of this feature. This may be the best taxi dashcam.
- AI Surveillance & Real-Time Alerts (With Subscription)
- Interior Infrared Night Vision (Classic 5 only)
- Cloud Video Storage and 160GB Onboard Storage
Owlcam Classic 4 features full HD video recording, dual cameras, and allows for 160 hours of HD video. Live view, real-time alerts, and two-way talk require a subscription.
Classic 5 adds in high end infrared (IR) sensors for enhanced night vision for live view and passenger views in dark interiors.
GoPro Hero 7
- HyperSmooth Stabilization
- Livestream Capable
- Top of the line interface
- Multi-Function – Can be used for sports, swimming, etc.
Here’s why you should consider using a GoPro Hero 7 for a dashcam. It is so versatile! By day you can take it with you on a canoe trip (totally waterproof!) By night mount it in your Uber or Lyft and have 4k video of the road.
As an Uber dashcam this has voice controls, just state “GoPro take a photo” or “GoPro start recording.” Also you can use 8x Slo-Mo video to review footage. Video Stabilization and an intuitive touch screen make this a breeze to use as a dashcam for Lyft, or wherever you need.
Rexing V1P Pro
- Full HD Dual Channel Recording with front and rear cameras 1080p
- Wide Dynamic Range for High/Low Light Recordings
- 170 Degree Ultra Wide Angle Lenses for Sweeping Views
- Built-in GPS
- Wifi Connect and App Interface
- Supercapacitor Excellent for Hot/Cold Temperatures and Lasts!
- Secure Recordings; Collision Footage is Locked
The Rexing V1P Pro records in Full 1080p HD, records both a rear view and in front of the car, and uploads via Wi-Fi to save recordings. You can stream directly to your phone via an app interface to review footage and copy video to your phone easily.
24-Hour Parking Monitor Auto switches the dash camera to Parking Surveillance Mode, when it detects vibration the camera will start recording instantly. Smart Hardwire Kit needed (Sold separately)
Or Turn Your Phone into a Dash Cam!
If you need a more budget friendly option, and you have a smartphone or even an old one, you may consider turning your smartphone into a dashcam.
Smart Dash Cam
There is a free version of Smart Dash Cam that contains ads, though the full ad-free version is inexpensive. A small subscription fee gets you a street view that either records manually or auto records when in motion. Auto loop and collision detection round this out to be a nice option if you really can’t swing a stand alone dashcam.
Need a free dash cam for Uber drivers? CamOnRoad is a completely free Dashcam app with no ad support or premium version. Just register the app and you are in business, that alone makes it a contender. GPS and 2GB free cloud storage are just icing on the cake.
Autoboy is a simple to use uber camera app. Front view video that auto deletes older files. The free version has lots of functionality, and they do offer a paid version. GPS enabled, this app is a great basic option for android users.
RideshareGuru.com makes no guarantees to the usability or functionality of these products. Your experience may differ from ours. Read the fine print and reviews when selecting products to purchase. The prices above were accurate as of 10/18/2021. Price and availability may change. We may receive a referral fee for recommending some of the products, apps or services listed on this website.