This website contains affiliate links and we may be compensated for referrals.
Why are so many drivers turning to HyreCar?
Whether you drive part-time or full-time, you know that rideshare can put a lot of miles on your car. Many drivers are turning to HyreCar to do Uber and Lyft without putting excessive miles on their personal vehicles.
HyreCar is a car rental marketplace for rideshare drivers. Drivers can rent a vehicle directly from the owner. Owners can list their vehicle for rent to earn some extra money. HyreCar facilitates that process by providing a marketplace, insurance, and assisting in the vetting process and background checks so you can feel safe on either side of the transaction.
How does it work?
RENT A CAR
- Search through HyreCar’s available vehicles by location, make, and rental fee.
- Apply for a few cars that fit your criteria. This is the best way to find a match quickly.
- Once the owner accepts your application, you meet them to pick up your rental. They sometimes are willing to drop it off.
- Return the vehicle when your rental is complete. Make sure the gas tank is at the same level as when you picked it up and do a quick inspection with the owner.
LIST YOUR CAR
- Create a listing. Describe your car and upload photos, registration, and Uber/Lyft inspection.
- Respond to requests from potential renters to find a good match.
- Once you approve a driver, HyreCar generates an insurance policy for your vehicle during the rental period so you can relax.
- Arrange a pick-up or drop-off with the driver to hand over the keys.
- Get Paid. HyreCar pays you via direct deposit once you have handed over the keys.
Renting a vehicle through HyreCar can be a great option for those who either don’t have a qualifying vehicle for Uber or Lyft, or those that don’t want to use their personal car for rideshare. HyreCar’s insurance coverage provides a safety net that surpasses that which is offered by Uber and Lyft so you don’t have any unexpected surprises. The cost can be higher than if you were to drive your own vehicle, but you cannot beat the flexibility. Buying a car just for rideshare can be expensive, and sometimes not worth it. HyreCar doesn’t lock you into a multi-year payment and you can start or stop as you please.
Listing your vehicle through HyreCar can be a great investment, as long as you are well informed of the terms of the agreement. It’s important to read the full terms of the agreement before deciding if it is right for you. The uncertainty that comes along with letting a stranger rent your car can be unsettling at first, but HyreCar’s insurance is top of the line. HyreCar also performs background checks on potential renters and there is a vetting process that allows you to choose who you rent your car to. You can get a very good return on your investment by allowing others to rent your vehicle. There are lots of drivers out there looking for short-term and long-term rentals for rideshare, so why not cash in on that car that’s just sitting in the driveway